Sunday, July 11, 2010

Play Your Position

Greetings my beauty queens,

I pray that each of you are doing well and are holding your heads high. I want to get straight to the point with this post. I'm sure its not just me that is witnessing the "weakness" of the 21st century man. Please don't misconstrue what I am saying to mean all men today possess this "weakness" because there are indeed men that can be called "diamonds in a rough" (they just so happen to be few and far between), but in my encounters with many women, a constant theme has been guys that lack motivation, have no goals, and have no plans for their lives. I find something absolutely wrong with that, and because I know it is innate in a lot of women for them to be nurturing and supportive...I want to make sure I am one of the men that lets you know...IT IS NOT WISE TO BE THIS WAY TO A MAN THAT LACKS ANY KIND OF MOTIVATION, DIRECTION, PLANNING, GOALS, ETC. The reason I say it is not wise is because, a man is supposed to be the provider for and leader of his family. How can he provide and lead anything if he lacks the aforementioned personal attributes??

It is not your job to teach/coach a man to be motivated, have goals, and a plan of execution...so don't do it. He should already have these things in the forefront of his mind every single day (and if he doesn't have it together you need to exit stage left). Your position should involve being supportive of a man that already has a focus on these things (there have been times in my day-to-day life where it would have been nice to have a companion to bounce ideas off of, turn to for uplifting and support when doubts crept into my mind, share my vision with, etc). I mean, there is something about a woman's comfort when used properly. Ladies, you may think you are comforting this guy, but what you are doing is mentally and physically draining yourself trying to teach/coach him to possess these qualities his parents should have taught him to have. Think about it this way...comfort should be returned, if he is lacking these qualities, how can he ever return the comfort to you? Better yet, how can he even teach you anything and motivate you to be all that you can be when his motivational skills are lacking?? In my opinion, that's part of what a man is supposed to do.

I know sometimes its easy to get wrapped up in having the physical presence of man around for whatever those reasons may be, but sometimes you have to evaluate the entire package. As I am writing this post, I am actually imagining myself lacking motivation, direction, plans, goals and honestly, I don't like the feeling that this imagery offers me; I literally just felt like I was in the 1st grade again. Women, to encounter someone with such lack has to be one of the most unattractive things in your eyes. Is it not? Stop holding the hands of these grown babies and instead focus on someone comparable to you.

From my heart to yours,
I_Treasure_U

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by CJ "Frank" Nelldell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License